Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Does my mother need to undergo angioplasty?

Does my mother need to undergo angioplasty?

Q: My 70 years old mother has a 95% blockage in left circumflex artery (LCX). She is taking these medicines - Tonac (20 mg), Gtn Sorbitrate (2.6 mg), Repace (50 mg), Clopivas ap (75 mg) and Alzolam (0.25 mg). She also has a symptom of pain in her left hand. Does she need to undergo angioplasty?

A:I am afraid; it is not possible to give definitive opinion on specific problems without seeing the patient or the angiography film in original. However, in general terms, arteries with this extent of blockage, which supply a significant portion of the heart will need some sort of intervention in the form of angioplasty. However, the patient has to be viewed in to with regard to symptoms and general health. Hence I would advise you to consult your treating cardiologist, who would be better placed to guide you regarding the best course of action.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com