Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Do I need to undergo a surgery for Peyronie’s disease?

Do I need to undergo a surgery for Peyronie’s disease?

Q: I am a 45 years old male suffering from pain in penis on erection after prostate surgery. I consulted a doctor who informed that I am suffering from Peyronie’s diseases and prescribed six Kenacort injections every week. For the last four months, I am unable to have intercourse because of the upward curvature of the erect penis. Again I consulted a doctor, who prescribed these medicines - Crocin and Serip forte for 10 days and Canverta (50 mg) (to be taken before intercourse). I surfed on the site that surgery is the only long term and the most effective treatment for the condition. Is that so?

A:Peyronies disease is not serious but may make intercourse difficult and painful. So far there is no disability, don't treat it. Tamoxifen is good for pain. The treatment is need based. If you want to have intercourse and is not possible due to curvature, get operated. In your case, few stitches on opposite of curvature should cure it. There will be not complication except slight shortening. Most of the urologist will be able to do it.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com