Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Do I need speech therapy?

Do I need speech therapy?

Q: There is a problem with my speech. I cannot speak certain words and alphabets properly with my lips moving normally like 'r' or 's'. When I do say 's' I also tend to spit out which is very embarrassing. I am 20 years old. Please advise me how I can correct my lip movements and speech. Do I need to consult a speech therapist?

A:After an examination of tongue for presence of tongue-tie (and a minor surgery called z-plasty to release it if needed), you will have to go through at least 3 months of regular speech therapy to get over this speech clarity issue. Chances of success are excellent.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com