DNA testing for the offspring
Q: Please help me by answering the following queries:
1. What is DNA test?
2. At what age one can have DNA test of his/her child?
3. Is it possible to do the DNA test while the child is in mother’s womb?
4. What is the expected expenditure incurred for this DNA test?
5. Is there any Hospital / Medical Research Institute in Delhi for the DNA test?
A:1. These are tests performed on DNA exctracted from the blood or other tissues of the body.
2. These can be done at any stage.
3. Yes, this can done during pregnancy.
4. Consult the doctors for the charges.
5. Yes, paternity testing is being done at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, in the department of Genetic Medicine.