Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can vas blockage be treated?

Can vas blockage be treated?

Q: I am a 42 years old male having VAS blockage and my sperm count is nil. However a small surgery has indicated that the production of sperms is extremely good and it is not ejaculating due to the blockage. It is because of the Koch's infection (TB) which I had suffered before the marriage. The doctors are suggesting IVF using my sperms to my wife, as the removal of block is not possible. Can the blockage be treated by oral medicines or by surgery?

A:You have obstructive azoospermia and you will need an operation to reverse that. This condition cannot be cured by medicines. This would be performed under the microscope by a male infertility specialist (a urologist). Depending on the age of your wife, you can wait to have sperm in your semen and conceive the natural way after the operation or choose to pursue IVF with a testis biopsy (this is the small procedure you had) if your wife is older than 35.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com