Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can pain be controlled in herpes?

Can pain be controlled in herpes?

Q: I am a 26 year old woman and I contracted oral and genital herpes simplex about one and a half years back. I am having severe headache, stomach and back pains which are unbearable. Can you tell me if herpes is curable and can the pain be controlled? Can you also tell me what kind of doctor should I consult and are there good doctors who will not take advantage of my situation? I am married and is it possible for me to get pregnant and have children and will it affect the new born? Please advise me.

A:I do not think all your symptoms are the result of oral and genital herpes. I won't go into the probable source of having acquired your disease and will directly address the questions you pose. You should consult with a dermatologist who is also trained in sexually transmitted diseases. Every doctor is honour bound not to take advantage of his patients illness and I think if you consult with any reasonable doctor you can be sure of an honest advice given in a confidential and non-judgmental way. You need have no fears on that score. You can certainly conceive and have children but depending on situations there may be certain precautions that are required to be taken. You may discuss all these with the doctor you consult.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com