Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can my husband stop taking Indocap?

Can my husband stop taking Indocap?

Q: My 57 years old husband is having multiple problems such as bilateral sacroiliitis, gout, low back pain and high blood pressure along with HLA-B positive. Now the doctor has diagnosed ankylosing spondylitis and has advised him to take Indocap SR and Sajo 500. He is feeling better pain wise, but sometimes feels very weak. He is also taking some vitamins, folic acid and Pantop D regularly. How can he get rid of Indocap as, it is a painkiller? Should I try for ayurvedic medicines?

A:The disease that your husband is having is called ankylosing spondylitis. The majority of patients do very well on so called 'painkillers' like indocap or any similar drugs. Recent research has shown that these so-called painkillers are actually controlling this disease at its root. In that way, these are not painkillers in this disease but actual drugs that correct this disease at its root. This is very important for you to understand.

My advice, however, would be that you must immediately try to arrange a consultation with any good experiences rheumatologist who are specially trained in the evaluation and treatment of this disease.

The rheumatologist would be able to answer all your questions. I will strongly recommend that you must stick with modern scientific medicine and not go for alternative systems as, to the best of my knowledge and experience, they do not know about this disease.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com