Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can I sue a hospital for issuing false documents?

Can I sue a hospital for issuing false documents?

Q: I am a 25 years old girl. The hospital lied about me wanting to kill my self which I didn’t and then they held me against my will. Can I sue the hospital authorities?

A:In general, confining / holding anybody against will is a crime and the confiner can be sued. However, the information given by you is incomplete, sketchy and apparently distorted. Please note that:

  1. Hospitals don't go about confining patients against their will. [If they have, you can complain to the police; Medical Council; and, Consumer court in case it was not a totally free hospital for all.]
  2. No hospital has to lie to a patient. If they have given a statement to the police that you tried to kill yourself, it is not a lie made to you. If the hospital has given you a document [Discharge slip, OPD card, etc,] that carries wrong diagnosis or statement, you can again complain to the Medical Council; and, Consumer court.
  3. If the police has registered a case against you for attempted suicide, you have to defend yourself in the case, producing evidence against the hospital for producing false or wrong documents.


................... Advertisement ...................


Short videosBy Firework

................... Advertisement ...................

--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com