Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can apical heart clot be treated with medication?

Can apical heart clot be treated with medication?

Q: I am a 38 years old male have a small apical clot. The doctor has suggested surgery for the same. Can apical clot be treated with medication? Is it necessary to undergo a surgery? I never feel any pain or symptoms in past, but last week, I got fever. An ECG showed abnormality so I underwent 2-D echo and finally coronary angiography (CAG).

A:Normally the clot is not removed and is allowed to organize naturally. However, your associated double vessel coronary artery disease may need surgery or angioplasty depending on the location of the block, the nature of the block and the arteries which are blocked i.e. whether the main artery called LAD is involved or not. I think such queries are very specific in nature and can only be answered definitively by your treating cardiologist after first hand view of the angiogram and on the net, we can only give your answers in generic terms.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com