Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can antituberculous drugs lead to pimples?

Can antituberculous drugs lead to pimples?

Q: I am suffering from tuberculosis of the lungs. I have started medicine AKT-3 and Astymin-Z 2 months ago and will continue for next 4 months. Now I have 80% relief in my coughing and even started gaining weight, but problem is that since I have started taking medicine I developed lot of pimples on my face and very hard dry skin. Doctor is saying that this is all due to strong medicine even though I am drinking lot of water but it is not improving the quality of skin. Please advise.

A:It is due to antituberculous drugs. You need to use some topical anti-acne preparation like Benzyl peroxide twice daily. Once you complete the course of therapy, everything will clear.