Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Breastfeeding problem

Breastfeeding problem

Q: My infant is not able to get the mothers milk since his birth 7 days back. We are giving only baby food as advised by our doctor. Kindly let me know the following:
1. Will it be possible for my wife to give mothers milk to my child in future?
2. Whether baby food is better than mothers milk?
3. What is your suggession about the baby food and please recommend any imported baby food as equivalent to mothers milk?
4. How will the growth of my baby from babyfood compare to that from mothers milk?

A:- If your baby cannot be fed breast milk any infant formula suitable for age 0-6 months is a satisfactory alternative.
- Ask your doctor for advice regarding medicines which may improve mothers lactation.
- No infant formula is identical to breast milk and there is no advantage in having an imported formula.
- Growth on formula milk is totally satisfactory and comparable to the growth of a breast fed baby.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com