Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Am I having shortness of breath due to tuberculosis?

Am I having shortness of breath due to tuberculosis?

Q: I am a 56 years old man who has been diagnosed with tuberculosis (TB) of adrenals and consequent Addison's disease. I am taking AKT-2 and Arreno for cerebrovascular attack, which I had three years back. I am also taking Thyronorm 75 mcg for hyperthyroidism. Sometimes I feel shortness of breath. Please advise.

A:

A:Your shortness of breath needs to be evaluated thoroughly by your doctor. It can be related to the tuberculosis affecting your lungs. Inadequately treated hyperthyroidism can also cause this. Under replacement with steroids can cause fatigue and low BP. You would need periodic monitoring of your BP, electrolytes specially sodium and potassium and thyroid functions tests. Excess fludrocortisone can cause fluid retention and electrolyte abnormalities. A cardiac evaluation may be warranted as well.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.