Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Who should we approach for my spastic brother?

Who should we approach for my spastic brother?

Q: My question is for my brother. He is 18 years old and is a spastic with severe cerebral palsy. His legs are crossed, he ejects a lot of saliva, and his head shaked till 10 years. He can't stand, write, talk or listen. He can only sit in an armchair. He claps and make sounds in excitement and anger as well. He is fond of going out and sitting in front of the TV set. Hope this helps you understand his condition. We are getting treatment from neurologists all these years, but there is no improvement at all. Is there any recent medical advancements that could improve his conditions even a little bit? He is having problems with sleeping. We are giving Petril 0.5 and Tizan in nights to sleep. He physically looks like a 6-7 years old, so can he bear operations, if needed? Looking forward to hearing back from you.

A:Your brother should have had physiotherapy as otherwise there are always problems of deformities and contracture. You could meet the following people: From Adarsh: Mr. S.Ramakrishna, Mr. Mahadevan 17/298, Ancherimadam, Chinmaya Road, Fort, Tripunitura - 682 301 Kerala. (email: adarshrehab@yahoo.com) From Raksha: Ms. Elizabeth Philips VII/ 370, Yasmin Manzil, Darragh-e-Saalam Road, Kochangadi, Cochin - 682002 They can give right advice about treatment.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com