Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Which tests should I undergo for swelling on my feet?

Which tests should I undergo for swelling on my feet?

Q: I am a 66 years old male underwent blood test, which showed globulin - 4.1 gm/dl, total acid phosphatise – 8.9 U/L and ESR - 57 mm/hr. All other parameters fall within the normal range. Sitting down for long durations make both my feet swell considerably though the right leg swells more than the left leg; but vanishes by morning. I take Hybesor (20mg) and Felogard (10mg). Sometimes, I develop slight fever and have a heavy head. I also take medicines for high blood pressure, which is under control.

A:Acid phosphatise is an enzyme mainly related to prostate disease in men. Your globulin and ESR levels are high. You need to do the following in view of the leg swelling:

  1. RFT
  2. PSA
  3. Serum protein electrophoresis
  4. Ultrasound KUB including prostate size
  5. Urology consult

Leg swelling (peripheral oedema) is also a known side-effect of felodipine (felogard).


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com