Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Which cooking oil is best for controlling triglycerides?

Which cooking oil is best for controlling triglycerides?

Q: My wife is taking evening Primrose capsules for menstrual disorder. I take medicine for diabetes & hypertension. My triglycerides are 292, HDL - 42 LDL - 111 & VLDL - 58. We have short listed 3 cooking oils. For frying: Fortune Soybean Oil & Saffola Gold (Ricebran 70% + Kardi 30%). For topping etc: Fortune Mustard Oil. We do not take butter/ghee or any hydrogenated oils. Are we using the right oils with right application? Please suggest on our selection of oils.

A:You can choose any cooking oil like sunflower oil, saffola, mustard oil or groundnut oil. Even sesame oil and olive oil are good. Your choice of oil is equally good. You must use at least 3 different oils as they contain different essential fatty acids. In addition you may have to take medicines to normalise your blood lipid levels.

Yoga Can Hurt If Done Properly Says Experts

894 New Dengue Cases Reported In Delhi Last Week: Tips To Prevent Dengue

894 new dengue cases reported in Delhi last week. This takes the number to 3109 cases till now. As for malaria and chikungunya, the numbers were 85 and 61 last week.Here are a few tips to prevent dengue.