Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What kind of a thyroid problem do I have?

What kind of a thyroid problem do I have?

Q: I am 16 years old. I am having a thyroid problem. My test results are - T3 152, T4 7.4, TSH 14.63. I frequently get irritated. I find a growth in the chest. My weight is 65 kg and my food intake is high. I am healthy and studying. What treatment do I require? Comment on my test results and symptoms stated above.

A:Your test results are suggestive of sub-clinical hypothyroidism. The drug therapy is never based on lab results especially in borderline situation like yours. You should consult either an endocrinologist or a physician. Clinical examination is very important. Thyroxine replacement is the treatment, if required, in your case.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com