Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Osteoarthritis and knee replacement

Osteoarthritis and knee replacement

Q: I am a 52 yrs old patient suffering from osteoarthritis since 1993 and have undergone a surgery on the left knee (Not Knee Replacement) by a reputated Orthopaedic surgeon from Thane. I still limp and have to take the support of a walking stick. From the X-ray reports it has been detected that there is reduction of the bones of my right knee. Also the operated left knee is paining a lot along with the right knee. Our doctor has advised surgery on my right knee also. I have tried all the remedies (i.e, Allopathic, Ayurveda and Homeopathy). But there is no improvement at all. I have to take pain killers everyday. Therefore I would request you to suggest proper remedy in my case. I would appreciate if you could help me. I am looking forward for your advice.

A:From the details you have given, it appears that osteoarthritis in your knee has become very bad and I feel you now need a major operation of total knee replacement to help you in pain relief and to be able to walk well.