Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Is it possible to be allergic to gold?

Is it possible to be allergic to gold?

Q: I am a 25 year old girl, working in the IT industry. Whenever I wear gold jewellery I get itching sensation and the skin becomes reddish. I have tried many jewels like chain, rings, bracelet, etc. Is there any possibility of being allergic to gold. I have tried silver jewels too but that too gives a problem. But due to the Indian society constraints, I need to wear gold. Is there a solution?

A:The usual cause of allergic or hypersensitive reactions to bracelets and similar adornment is the nickel content. Other major causes are dyes and perfume. It is unheard of for any woman to be allergic to gold.

RELATED FAQ

................... Advertisement ...................

   

FAQ

ASK OUR EXPERTS

Using 0 of 1024 Possible characters
Choose Topic
-------------------------------- Advertisement -----------------------------------