Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to treat insect bite allergy (papular urticaria)?

How to treat insect bite allergy (papular urticaria)?

Q: I am the mother of a 1 1/2 year old child who has a skin problem which starts with a swelling like an ant bite and then becomes like a bruise which is very itchy. This infection started on his lower limbs and has now spread all over his leg. Also, it has started appearing on his face and arms. Kindly suggest a remedy. Thank you.

A:Your child may be having insect bite allergy which we call as papular urticaria. Other possibilties includes scabies, urticaria and atopic dermatitis. Without proper examination, it will be difficult to give diagnosis and advise regarding treatment.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com