Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can my chronic prostatitis be treated?

How can my chronic prostatitis be treated?

Q: I am a 28 years old man suffering from chronic prostatitis. Due to this my penis has become sensitive and as a result I am having premature ejaculation. Also I feel pain in penis while ejaculating. What should I do to make my sex life better as I am going to marry soon?

A:Painful and premature ejaculation may or may not be related to prostatic inflammation. Low dose antibiotics, alpha-blockers and anti-inflammatory drugs usually prescribed over long term (8 to 10 weeks) provide a lasting relief of chronic prostatitis. Response may not be perceived in first couple of weeks; hence you should not have very high expectations so early during the treatment. You may get married without any anxiety, as many young men labelled to have chronic prostatitis may get rid of their symptoms after marriage.

Meghalaya Gets Its First AMRIT Pharmacy

A first of its kind in Meghalaya, the Affordable Medicines and Retail Implants for Treatment (AMRIT) Pharmacy was inaugrated on Thursday by the State Health Minister Roshan Warjri, at a Civil Hospital in Shillong.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.