Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Does the absence of synovial fluid lead to knee pain?

Does the absence of synovial fluid lead to knee pain?

Q: I have a knee joint problem and consulted doctors who said that it is due to the absence of synovial fluid. They gave medicines but I am still not able to climb steps or walk a long distance. Please suggest what to do?

A:What you have in your knees is most likely a life-style related wear-and-tear (aging) process called OSTEOARTHRITIS. Weight reduction, appropriate exercises, joint protecting measures and some supportive treatment can help to a large extent. You MUST contact a rheumatologist or a knee specialist for this. Dr. J. N. Maheshwari (tel: 98111-09833) is a knee joint specialist and he can give you appropriate advice. Rheumatologists in Delhi are as follows: At AIIMS: Dr. Ashok Kumar, Dr. R. Handa, Dr. Rajiv Gupta and Dr. Miss Uma Kumar. At Apollo Hospital: Dr. S. J. Gupta. At Ganga Ram Hospital: Dr. Lalit Duggal and Dr. Atul Kakkar. At Indian Spinal Injuries Centre (Vasant Kunj): Dr. Sanjiv Kapoor. You can also read about this problem on our website DoctorNDTV.com.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com