Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Cause of muscle wasting of the arm?

Cause of muscle wasting of the arm?

Q: About a month back I was diagnosed to be a osteoarthiritis patient and was advised by the doctor to undergo physio-therapy alongwith medicines. For about 8-9 days I was taking ultrasonic therapy for knee and right elbow along with diathermy for both the knees and wax-therapy for the right arm. For the last few days I have been noticing that my right arm is becoming thinner. What can be the cause for that and what treatment should I take?

A:You could be having a problem in your cervical spine if you are getting wasting of the left arm only. I would advise you to get an X-ray of the cervical spine so that the course of proper treatment could be prescribed.