Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can I prevent further height gain?

Can I prevent further height gain?

Q: I am a 21 years old male, doing my studies. I have a problem with my growth hormone. Since last 3 years I have been increasing in my height pretty fast. Now I am 6.4 ft. I am scared of growing more. Please suggest me some operation to reduce my height, because of this my jaw is elongated and my eyes have a squint. I need your help as my interaction with people is getting affected by this. Please suggest a way to reduce my height.

A:You appear to be suffering from a disease called acromegaly, due to an excess secretion of growth hormone, as you have correctly stated. You need to be thoroughly investigated and treated by a team of competent endocrinologist and neurosurgeon. Your height cannot be reduced, but if you take your care seriously and get treated quickly, further height gain can be prevented. In addition to the problem of your interaction with people getting affected, you run the risk of several health problems if you delay treatment.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com