Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Are drugs effective in treating gynaecomastia?

Are drugs effective in treating gynaecomastia?

Q: I believe gynaecomastia needs to be treated surgically and that fat tissue under the nipple disappears after puberty. But I am already 25 yrs old and have puffy nipples from the age of 13. If I undergo surgery there will be a scar on the nipple. I heard that there are some medicines for gynaecomastia like Zoladex, Goserelin acetate, Clomiphene and Testolactone for the hormonal imbalance. Please let me know regarding the medicines as I do not want to undergo any surgery.

A:You have Lipomastia and not gynaecomastia. Hence no drugs will work. The excess fat below the nipples will either go of its own or with surgery. Trial with drugs will be a waste of money. It will be better for you to consult your local doctor or hormone specialist.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com