Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Am I suffering from arthritis?

Am I suffering from arthritis?

Q: I am a 36 years old male experiencing knee ache at a particular angle, specially while climbing stairs. I can run, go to the gym for cardio exercises, bend my knee lying down without pain and walk freely. There is no swelling or joint pains except this knee pain. Am I suffering from arthritis? Can I continue exercising? My uric acid and cholesterol are under control with medications.

A:The signs and symptoms are commonly seen in a common condition called Chondromalacia of patella (softening of the knee cap bone). The symptoms are prominent after sitting in one position for a long time keeping the knee bent at some fixed degree like you have faced. You may often feel catching or giving away sensation in the knee. It is not arthritis. You can continue your exercises and normal activities as you are normal. Treatment depends on the underlying cause of the patella (kee cap bone) undersurface bone changes. Most often your condition resolves with

  1. T. Voveran 50 mg at time of knee ache
  2. Quadriceps exercises
  3. Hamstring stretching exercises
If there is no relief after these measures, then arthroscopy of the knee has recently proved extremely reliable in knowing the undersurface of patella bone changes.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com