Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Am I suffering form allergic rhinitis?

Am I suffering form allergic rhinitis?

Q: I have allergic asthma. Almost everyday at any provocation I suffer from running nose which sometime turns to asthma or bronchitis. Throat pain also is another problem I face and frequently I am compelled to take antibiotic. My doctor has advised to take rhinostat half capsule for one year and to take increase dose twice a day when cold is severe. He has prescribed same dose to my 30 years old daughter who has similar symptom. Both of us are on salbutamol inhaler for asthma controlling. My question to you is how safe if such course is administered for a year and will it cure allergic manifestation. Recently I am also having ocassional pricking pain in lower right abdomen. Is it appendix or what could it be? What remedial measures should be taken?

A:You have classical Nasobronchial allergy in lay terms that we call allergic rhinitis and atopic bronchial asthma. My suggestion is that you take Flixonase nasal spray – 2 snuffs in each nostril daily for 3 months. Instead of Asthalin, which you can use on SOS basis, you should take inhaler Seroflo 125 – 2 puffs 2 times daily on long term basis. But you should remain under a regular follow of Respiratory Physician. You may discontinue rhinostat after 1 month.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com