Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Am I impotent?

Am I impotent?

Q: I am 30 years old weighing 64 kg. I have been using Sildenafil citrate 50 mg since 2 years without consulting a doctor. I did not indulge in sex even once since I got married. I worry a lot about this. I have been taking, on an average, 10 tablets a month as we meet for only a few days every month. What should I do? How can overcome this? Is this harmful and will it lead to any change in sperms? Please suggest.

A:Due to widespread lack of information and, even worse, misinformation, a lot of absolutely normal young males believe that they are impotent. Once this wrong belief enters their mind, they suffer from "performance anxiety" i.e. whether or not they will have normal sexual intercourse. The more they worry, the worse it becomes. There is no harm in taking sildenafil (a good brand such as Penegra) but one should attempt to do without it. There is no adverse effect on male sperms.

Meghalaya Gets Its First AMRIT Pharmacy

A first of its kind in Meghalaya, the Affordable Medicines and Retail Implants for Treatment (AMRIT) Pharmacy was inaugrated on Thursday by the State Health Minister Roshan Warjri, at a Civil Hospital in Shillong.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.