Why do I feel testicular pain after masturbation?

Saturday, 08 May 2010
Answered by: Dr Dharm Raj Singh
Chief of Urology, Campbellton Regional Hospital, St. Joseph Health Center, New Brunswick, Canada

Q. I am a 21 years old male having pain in my right testicle after masturbation for a couple of weeks. A year ago while playing cricket, the ball hit at my right testicle very badly. I experienced terrible pain for two- three hours after the injury. My right testicle nearly doubled the size of the left one after a few days and reduced to its normal size after nearly three or four days. I never felt pain after that. But why am I feeling pain after masturbation now?

A.  According to your description, you are having recent onset off & on post ejaculation right testis discomfort. It is not clear that how severe the pain is and for how long this pain stays each time. Do you have any associated symptoms like perineal discomforts, urinary symptoms etc.? Regarding the past history of testis trauma, probably you had developed scrotal hematoma at that time which has resolved now but it may still be worthwhile to get an ultrasound of testis done. If your current pain is persistent and bothersome then you should seek the help of an urologist who will examine you in detail, including prostate examination to rule out prostatitis and do urine tests etc.