Should I talk to my ex-boyfriend without my husband's knowledge?

Monday, 28 August 2006
Answered by: Dr. Samir Parikh
Consultant Psychiatrist,
Max Healthcare,

Q. I am 30 years old married and a mother of 2. My husband is a businessman and ours was a love marriage, he takes good care of my children and me. I had a 6-year long affair with a guy before I got married and made love to him several times. Off late my boyfriend and me have been calling and mailing each other without the knowledge of my husband. We generally speak about the past and what has happened in these 5 years. My boyfriend also asks about my children and wants me to interact with him once in a while. I have confided about my past to my husband he has responded positively, but now I feel hesitant in speaking to him about this. How do I go about the two men in my life?

A.  Each action of our present, can have long standing implications on our overall future, what you need to do is to evaluate what implications on your life, marriage, family, and your self would be there, and then take a prudent decision.