Can I eat fish after having milk?

Answered by: Ms. Neesha Bukht Choksy
Consultant Nutritionist

New

Q. Please tell me the precise scientific reason for not eating fish after drinking milk.

A.  This stems strongly from Ayurveda. According to the Ayurvedic practice, when we eat foods that go well together we can avoid forming toxic substances and accumulation of fat in our bodies. Milk and fish are both protein, however, I have a lot of issues with milk. The stuff on the store shelves is in a form that actually pulls calcium from your body not add to it. There is no good reason for a human to be drinking cow's milk past the age of two years. No reason why you can't have fish and milk together. Just be sure that your fish is low on mercury that can cause more damage than milk any day.