Which medicated soap can I use for psoriasis?

Monday, 05 February 2007
Answered by: Dr. Rishi Parashar
Consultant Dermatologist,
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital,

Q. I am suffering from psoriasis for the past few years. I am using Proposylic 6% ointment and Winofit tablets. Please suggest a good medicated bath soap to treat psoriasis.

A.  Polytar Soap manufactured by Stiefel labs is an example of soap used for psoriasis. Contains a unique blend of Solubilised Crude Coal Tar and Coal Tar Solution, specially formulated to control and relieve the skin itching, irritation, redness, flaking and scaling associated with psoriasis and seborrhoeic dermatitis. Use on affected areas in place of regular soap. Work up lather using warm water and massage soap briskly onto skin. Rinse well and repeat.