Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Texture of my oily skin

Texture of my oily skin

Q: How do I improve the texture of my oily skin?

A:Skin texture is largely determined by genetic factors. However, it is also determined by our diet and lifestyle. To maintain a healthy and glowing skin texture, the first mantra is to drink plenty of water. You should eat a well balanced diet rich in fruits and green vegetables. Sleep well, since rest is essential for health. Exercise regularly to keep your body in shape. A healthy body ensures healthy skin. Since you have oily skin, you should try and wash your face with water and a mild soap often during the day. This helps to open the pores that get clogged with sweat and dirt. Use a water-based moisturiser rather than an oil-based one to maintain suppleness of the skin. Above all try to remain happy since internal happiness surely reflects as healthy skin.