Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Is my daughter’s behaviour normal?

Is my daughter’s behaviour normal?

Q: My 6 years old daughter plays with her dolls as if they were having sex and kissing their private parts. Is this normal for her age?

A:The child was obviously witness to some adult love making. There is no other way she can play as you have described. You will have to gradually distract her with other kinds of play materials and also tell her that it is not nice to be playing sex games with her dolls and that her friends would be unwilling to play with her if she continued. But this will have to be handled gently, not with anger. Be a little matter of fact, but also firm that she should not repeat this kind of play. It is not often that you find a six year old doing this. Give her other activities like music and dance and sports, which are by far more interesting for a child. Both parents should follow the same rules.