Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Bleeding gums and shaking teeth

Bleeding gums and shaking teeth

Q: I have bleeding gums and feel my teeth are also shaking, or almost shaking. The weakness in the teeth makes it difficult for me to bite some hard items while eating. Please advise the remedy. Could it be because of the lack of calcium.

A:It seems you are suffering from Periodontal (Gum) disease. The gum diseases are usually asymptomatic to begin with till these establish. The bleeding gums could be because of severe inflammation of gums due to local deposits around the gums and lack of professional cleaning of the teeth. Mobility of the teeth is sign of advanced disease level wherin the bone loss has occured. You should immediately go in for check up and may require specialist assistance. The Dentist will examine and take full mouth Xrays to evaluate the severity and accordingly suggest the management.