Dr. Rajiv Yadav specialises in Urologic Oncology and Robotic Surgery. He joined ‘Medanta-The Medicity’ after finishing a Fellowship in Robotic Prostatectomy and Urologic Oncology Outcomes at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, USA. Prior to this fellowship, he completed his surgical training in General Surgery and Urology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and ‘Endourology Fellowship’ in Minimally Invasive Urologic Surgery.
Dr Yadav was awarded ‘Gold Medal’ in Urology on completion of his Urology training. In addition, his research at Cornell, related to the use of ‘Multiphoton microscopy and real-time imaging during surgery’ received AUA/ACMI ‘Best Clinical Research award’ in the years 2008 and 2009 from the American Urological Association. He is the recipient of numerous other awards including ‘Best abstract award’ at annual meeting of American Urological Association, International college of Surgeons, Sexual medicine society of North America and Society of Laparo- endoscopic surgeons.
Dr Yadav is a reviewer for British Journal of Urology (BJU) International. He has authored several scientific articles and invited articles on various aspects of Minimally Invasive Urology and Urologic Oncology research.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• First prize 2009 American Urological Association/Gyrus ACMI Prize Essay Contest (Clinical Research)
• Co- Investigator National Institutes of Health, USA R01 Grant Award (PA-07-070)
Project: Real-time multiphoton microscopy of periprostatic tissue architecture for improving surgical outcomes during nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy
• First prize 2008 American Urological Association /Astellas Best Abstract award
• First prize 2008 American Urological Association /Gyrus ACMI Prize Essay Contest (Clinical Research)
• First prize 2008 American Urological Association Best video award
• First prize 2008 International College of Surgeons Research essay award
• Best Abstract 2008 Basic Science award Sexual Medicine Society of North America at 2008 SMSNA Fall Scientific meeting Oct 18, 2008 Toronto,ON, Canada
• Best Scientific paper award 2008 Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 17th SLS Annual Meeting and Endo Expo 2008, Sep 17-20, 2008, Chicago, Illinois, USA
• Best Video award 2008 Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 17th SLS Annual Meeting and Endo Expo 2008, Sep 17-20, 2008, Chicago, Illinois, USA
• Awarded Gold Medal in Urology for best outgoing resident at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi in December 2005
• Awarded the GM Phadke travelling fellowship by the Urological Society of India in January 2005