Which is a safe Indian glucometer?

Friday, 04 August 2006
Answered by: Dr. (Col.) Surender Kumar
Senior Consultant & Head, Department of Endocrinology & Metabolism,
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital,

Q. My mother and father live in India and I am looking for a glucometer for them as they are diabetic. I wanted an Indian product, which is easy to use and safe and also provides customer service easily. Which glucose meter would you recommend and could you kindly send me the links to their websites so that I could order them for my parents?

A.  Johnson & johnson's OneTouch Ultra is a good glucometer and available with world-wide warranty. Buy from Indian representative so that service could be quick and efficient, moreover the representative is supposed to teach how to use it. You may contact 9810592691 for further company's telephone no. Acucheck is the second best option.