What should I do for the scars on my penis?

Wednesday, 27 July 2005
Answered by: Dr. Shiv Shankar Saha
Consultant Cosmetic Surgeon,
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital,

Q. I am a 20 years old boy. I have ulcerative colitis and was on steroids, I then got an infection because of which I got three huge bumps on my penis. I could not stand to look at it so I burst them and pus came out. Its left 3 very visible fleshy looking raised scars on the shaft of my penis. After 3 months the marks are still there and for the 3 months I have not been on steroids. This is causing me a lot of stress and anguish. How can I get rid of these scars. There is no reduction in size or appearance at all. What should I do? I have taken Amoxicillin twice, ciprofloxacin, and augmentin for the infection but it did nothing for the scars.

A.  There is no medical treatment for these scars except waiting. In your case I will advise you to wait for at least six months before surgically scars can be removed. There are no medicines for scar removal.