What is the best way to treat a half broken tooth?

Friday, 29 October 2004
Answered by: Dr. Seema T. Gupta
Consultant Orthodontist,
Incisor Dental Clinic, Agarwal Eye & Dental Care,

Q. My front tooth is half broken for the past 15 years. What is the best treatment for it? Can something be done without cutting or putting a cap on it? I have heard about fixing it with laser. Will that help? Please give me the details.

A.  For the broken tooth you need not always go for a crowning. These days there are very good composite materials with ceramic fillers for building up of the broken portion in the same colour. If used carefully these materials last for many years. Get an x-ray done to see if the tooth is healthy from inside.