Is there any treatment for a weak optic nerve?

Monday, 28 December 2009
Answered by: Dr M S Ravindra
Consultant Ophthalmologist, Karthik Netralaya, Bangalore

Q. I am a 26 years old man and my vision has become weak and everything looks blurred especially from the right eye. The doctor told me that my optic nerve is weak. Is there any treatment for a weak optic nerve?

A.  If the vision has dropped suddenly, then it is a serious and emergency affair. Please do consult your neurologist as well as an Ophthalmologist, and start the treatment they suggest seriously. Treatment does depend on the cause of illness, and many times, the vision improves remarkably.