Why do my eyes burn and pain all the time?

Tuesday, 10 November 2009
Answered by: Dr Mahipal S. Sachdev
Senior Consultant Ophthalmologist, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi

Q. I am a 20 years old male and I wear spectacles. I am experiencing a burning sensation in my eyes and they pain almost the entire day. I am already using refresh tears. What else do I need to do?

A.  For your treatment you need to get a complete eye exam done. Burning sensation could be due to allergy, dryness or other local eye causes which need to be identified and treated. Long hours on the computer or TV or sensitivity to dust or pollutants in the environment could contribute. Treatment will be decided after your eye testing including a re-check of your eye number by a qualified eye specialist.