Is it harmful to take sorbiline syrup for a long period?

Tuesday, 04 February 2003
Answered by: Chandra M. Gulhati

Q. Please tell me about prolonged use of sorbiline syrup for avoiding constipation. I am taking 10 ml before breakfast and, if it is not harmful, I want to take it for a longer period.

A.  Sorbiline is the brand name of a product that contains two ingredients: tricholine and sorbitol. Its anti-constipation effect is due to sorbitol. There is not much problem in taking it for long periods. I hope you have already tried high-fibre diet by using, among others, ispaghula.

Is it safe to use steroids for gaining weight?
What are the side effects of addiction to fortwin injection?
How can enlarged lymph nodes be managed?
Does Stanlip fenofibate cause muscle aches?
What is the treatment for opioid addiction?
Am I addicted to Corex cough syrup?
Why am I experiencing weakness and restlessness?
How can my friend’s addiction be managed?
When will I recover from vivax-induced malaria?
Do I need to take medicines for rheumatoid arthritis?