How to remove black marks from face?

Wednesday, 11 December 2002
Answered by: Bindu Dewan
Dermatologist
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital

Q. I have some black scars which are formed from pimples. I started applying Erythromycin on the affected areas of my face. Do you think it will permanently remove the black marks on my face? I have also started using NOMARKS for 4 weeks that is available in the market but I am not finding any difference till now. Please advise me some good gel or cream to permanently remove the black marks that are formed due to pimples.

A.  Adaplene gel (adaferin)is a retinoid - it has an anti-acne activity as well as being good for post-acne scars.