When should I take the drugs to prepone my menstrual cycle?

Monday, 04 August 2008

Q. When to take Uterogeston or Susten for preponing periods? I mean how many days before the date do I need to start taking this tablet? I want to prepone my periods by 8 days before my actual date. Please suggest.

A.  Hormonal medicines are taken for postponing the menstrual cycle, not for preponing. Use of Uterogeston or Susten is not indicated for preponing the periods but other indications such as progesterone deficiency. The use of such hormonal substances can lead to breakthrough bleeding, not normal menstrual cycle. Besides they have some serious side effects.