Can I put cucumber slices on my eyes?

Saturday, 29 March 2008
Answered by: Dr. M.S.Ravindra
Ophthalmologist
Karthik Netralaya,
Bangalore

Q. I am a computer professional and need to work on computer for eight hours daily and due to this my eyes feel very tired in the evening. I heard putting cucumber slices on eyes will relax them. Is it true and what else can be done?

A.  Any such work naturally would strain, but that will not induce permanent damage. You should eat cucumber! That will be nourishing and soothing. On eyes, you could try applying clean cloth dipped in cold water. Apply a small quantity of coconut oil on your eyelids before you sleep. If the symptoms remain, you need an eye check up.