What are the uses and side effects of Sazo?

Tuesday, 04 March 2008

Q. Why has my doctor prescribed Sazo 500? What are the side effects?

A.  Sazo is the brand name; the name of the medicine is sulphasalazine. It is used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis, Crohns disease and Rheumatoid arthritis not responding to other drugs. Are you suffering from rheumatoid arthritis? Like most other medicines, it has side effects but if it is essential to treat your disease, then not much can be done. Unless you give the diagnosis of your problem, I cannot give further advice.