Can my child use a treadmill for exercise?

Tuesday, 05 February 2008
Answered by: Ms. Neeta Garg
Fitness expert and Psychologist
Apollo Clinic
Gurgaon

Q. Can a child in the age group 7-10 years use a treadmill for exercise?

A.  If there is absolutely no other option, then there is no real threat for a child of this age to use a treadmill, provided it is done under supervision, throughout the time the child is on it. However, I have my reservations on the same. It is a time in the life of a child to play outdoors and indulge in activities that he/she enjoys. The treadmill may not reach that standard for a child. Therefore, use your imagination and help build activities for your child. Let them do what they should be doing at this precious time of his life. These times never come back!