Till what age do men enjoy sexual intercourse?

Wednesday, 13 June 2007
Answered by: Dr. Rajan Bhonsle
Consulting Sex therapist & Counsellor,
Heart To Heart Counselling Centre
Mumbai

Q. My friend is 34 years old and is not married. He is concerned about his future marriage, as he is in love with a 26-years-old girl. We all know that age does not matter in love. He is perfectly healthy and works like a machine. He has never been ill or underwent any surgery. He does not have a family history of any diseases. He is curious to know what is the sex life of men? Till what age do men get proper erections? Is it till 45, 55 or 65 years of age? Can he enjoy sex & give birth to a child at the age of 60? Is it possible for a man to get erection till 60?

A.  One can enjoy sex till one desires and is capable of. However, the aging process affects all aspects of life; that is why there is something like retirement age when even the most capable person has to quit his job & position. Aging gradually restricts all physical functions and affects all corporal attributes. How can the ability to perform sexual intercourse be an exception? I have known many people who get satisfactory erection even after the age of 60 and even 70.