Can I take Mifegest for easy abortion?

Q. I am a 24 years old woman who has recently conceived. Due to some family problems, I don't want a child yet. My doctor advised me to take Mifegest 1 tablet and after 12 hours 2 tablets of Cytolog and then repeat the 2 tablets after 2 hours for abortion. Will this work?

A.  Mifegest can be used for termination of pregnancy of up to 49 days gestation. Its dose is 3 tablets in a single dose to be followed by 2 tablets of Cytolog after 48 hours. It is advisable to take the therapy under medical supervision.