Can I eat raw garlic during pregnancy?

Wednesday, 07 February 2007
Answered by: Ms. Madhavi Shah
Diet consultant (RD)
Health Total
Mumbai

Q. I am 28 years old and planning a pregnancy. I have high blood pressure (BP). Can I have raw garlic every day in the morning, during pregnancy? Will it affect my pregnancy?

A.  Garlic does not create any problem during pregnancy, but its not the right & only way to reduce blood pressure. In case you are still planning for pregnancy you first need to reduce your weight in a healthy way so as to assist your pregnancy. Along with weight loss you should reduce salt intake, do some exercise and yoga to reduce your blood pressure.