What do I sneeze a lot every morning?

Wednesday, 06 December 2006
Answered by: Dr. Ameet Kishore
Sr. Consultant Surgeon, ENT & Neuro-Otology
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital

Q. Everyday when I get up around 6 AM, I get a few sneezes between 7-8 AM. There after I am fine till the same time next day. What is the cause and remedy for this?

A.  Sneezing is one of the symptoms of nasal sensitivity or allergy. It can be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause or trigger for such symptoms. Often it may be related to changes in temperature or humidity apart from obvious things such as dust, smoke, fumes and other airborne particulate matter. Such problems are generally within ones system and cannot be cured. Avoidance of trigger factors, use of anti-allergic medication or anti-inflammatory nasal sprays are ways to keep the symptoms under control.